Draft 4 of the NewZO will be released this spring.
Until then, Draft 3 is available for review. Draft 3 was prepared as a unified ordinance with unincorporated Chatham County. Where there were specific regulatory differences between the City of Savannah and Chatham County, these differences are identified in the draft.
Draft 3 of the NewZO
You can download the entire draft ordinance or each individual chapter. Draft 3 will continue to be available once Draft 4 is available. You can see the zoning map using the zoning map viewer.
- New Zoning Ordinance - Draft 3 (large download)
- Table of Contents
- Article 1.0 General Provisions
- Article 2.0 Review Bodies & Administrators
- Article 3.0 Application and Review Procedures
- Article 4.0 Measurements and Exceptions
- Article 5.0 Base Zoning Districts
- Article 6.0 Special Purpose Districts
- Article 7.0 Historic and Other Overlay Districts
- Article 8.0 Use Standards
- Article 9.0 General Site Standards
- Article 10.0 Natural, Historic and Cultural Resources
- Article 11.0 Nonconformities
- Article 12.0 Violations, Penalties and Enforcement
- Article 13.0 Abbreviations and Definitions
- Appendix A-1 Street Classifications for Land Uses
- Appendix A-2 Planned Development Districts